Monday, December 12, 2011

The name of the blog...

One other thing I should write, as long as I'm imagining someone reading this besides me; an explanation for the title of the blog.  It's the name of the game I'm working on.  I don't know precisely where it came from, just oe of those things that popped into my head and stuck.  The Horned God is a reference to the being of the same name in Celtic mythology.  I thought it would be fun to do a Roguelike with monsters from Celtic/Irish myth.  Pretty much my plan is to go through Katherine Briggs dictionary and make a list of creatures I'd like to see in the game.

The "Cult of the" part comes from my love of the Cthulhu mythos.  I was thinking it would be neat to take celtic mythology and treat it with the same horror noir that Lovecraft usually gets.  I'm not sure yet if I'm going to set the game in the early 1900s yet, or what.  Kind of playing with the idea of maybe making the player be a member of some organisation like the BPRD, or a supernatural hunter, or something like that.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment