Thursday, December 22, 2011

Intermission

Alright, I realised the other night that I was totally lost in my own code.  I was writing code and just waiting for the error messages to see if I was doing it right.  Bad, bad, bad.  So, I decided to just do a rewrite, with a mind toward consistency, readability, and ... yeah, just kind of a rethink.  For one thing, I'm going to be a little more lenient with my self about what's an entity and what isn't.  I mean, I tried when I first started, making the screen an entity.  It was a pain.  Recently I tried to make the map an entity.  I mean... will the map ever have an image of it's own, or get turned into a shoe or something like that?  No?  Then it really shouldn't be an entity.

Oh, another important lesson I learned the other night.  If you're going to load an image into memory for every entity, don't make a 1024x1024 map filled with unique floor entities.  Yeah... didn't think that one through.

So.. different topic for once.  Just for fun.  I

Crap... Gotta pick up my son from school. Until next time... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment