Monday, December 12, 2011

More lessons

It's kind of interesting, with this 'entity system' I've been fooling with.. For one, it's definitely taking me to new places with Python.  Well, and in programming in general.  For example: something a little different than a giant list of if, elif conditionals.  Puting a list of functions in a dictionary.  Of course, this hasn't worked out quite as smoothly as I was originally hoping, but still, a learning experience.  Once it was all said and done though... I'm still not sure if it's better than a bunch of if, elifs... Ah well.  We'll have to see if I can get back on my computer some time this evening to fool around with it some more.

It's kind of sad... I'm still at the pre-player movement phase of the game.  I can't even walk around yet.  Lame.  So, yeah, that'll be my next milestone.

So, it must be said... I'm typing this with a little bluetooth keyboard into my phone, running a Blogger app.  I should probably submit soon to see if this all even works.  Well, the Blogger app part at least.  I'm also sitting in my car in front of my son's school, waiting for him to get out of class for the day.

What else...  Oh, my wife noticed my last blog post and wanted to know what the heck this cult was that I'm joining.  I explained the name to her.  She seemed happy to hear that I was working on making a video game.  She immediately asked me if I'd applied for any new jobs as soon as I was done telling her about it.  Yeah, I'm unemployed.  Go me.  Anyway, I just can't imagine sitting around feeling crappy that I don't have a job 24/7, so yeah, sometimes I work on fun projects like trying to make a video game instead.

Looking forward to hanging out with a friend this evening.  Usually we watch movies together, but there hasn't been anything out lately that we've wanted to see.  I'd like to just hang out at his place and continue programming, but I don't really have a portable development setup.  Ah well.. we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment