Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Latest issue

Ugh.. okay, so got the little dude running around.  Now I need a world for him to run around in.  So, map tiles.  Seems like they could be just another entity.  I like this idea.  No idea what the performance effect would be, but hey, this is 2011, not 1988, so it really shouldn't be an issue.

Now, the issue is, I want a "blockable" or "blocking" flag for my high-tech tile based collision system.  So, do I create a new aspect called "blocking" or do I tack that on to appearance.  But now appearance isn't just about what the item looks like, so as long as we're doing that, maybe we should roll the "position" aspect into appearance and call it "form" instead.  It would let me pass just one thing to the render system, though how many things I pass is really inconsequential.  I dunno.  I want to avoid lumping too many things together, though how granular do I really want to get.  I can't think of too many things that have a position that don't have an appearance, eh... screw it, I'm doing it.  Lets see if I can keep from breaking everything as I roll everything into a "form" aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment