Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Motivation waning...

Gah.. I hate this part.. So, I'm not happy with what I've done so far in the game, and it's making it so I have really low motivation to keep going.  I feel like I need to rewrite the engine, and at the same time, all my friends are kind of "meh" on the game concept.  I don't know who I thought would play the game, but that's part of the fun of making a game for me, is imagining people playing it.  I suppose I could just make it for me, yada yada.  So, my todo list right now looks like:

1. Copy the most recent codebase off my craptastic laptop so I can work on it on my much nicer desktop machine.
2. Reorganize the game engine, and start a rewrite focusing on making things more clear and encapsulated.
3. Try not to feel guilty every time I sit down to code that I'm not doing something more productive like look for a job, or something.
4. Find the motivation to continue working on it, even though I might be the only one who plays it.

Yeah, that looks about right for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment